Only one record is known to exist referencing the sale of a fig house, this was in 1869 and the customer was Christopher Carleton L’Estrange, a land agent, of Kevinsfort, County Sligo, Ireland. The fig house was described as being 12ft. wide and 11ft. high, with ventilation apparatus top and bottom, with the muntins made so as to secure the slates, with a door at one end. The entry makes reference to the fig house “as section of covered wall on Plate 22” The house cost £14, excluding glass and slates delivered to Loughborough Railway Station.